Sunday, July 3, 2011

What does the Bible say about prisoners?

Psalm 69:33 ESV

For the Lord hears the needy and does not despise his own people who are prisoners.

Matthew 25:35-46 ESV

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ ...

Psalm 102:20 ESV

To hear the groans of the prisoners, to set free those who were doomed to die,

Isaiah 61:1 ESV

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;

Psalm 79:11 ESV

Let the groans of the prisoners come before you; according to your great power, preserve those doomed to die!



Acts 16:25 ESV 

About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them,

Luke 4:18 ESV

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed,

Psalm 146:7 ESV

Who executes justice for the oppressed, who gives food to the hungry. The Lord sets the prisoners free;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!